Love is in the air, has anyone else noticed? I think Valentine’s Day is hitting us all much earlier this year. The advantage for us, as beaders and jewelry makers, is that we can start thinking early about projects we want to make for those we love this Valentine’s Day.
What type of love do you want to express or attract this year? Love comes in so many amazing forms! Of course, for most of us, it is the passion filled, deep hearted love that we think of when it comes to Valentine’s Day. We see the romance novel covers, and imagine a love that never ends, even beyond death for all those vampire fans out there.
In researching what many call Love Stones, what fascinated me was how many of them were not the traditional Red or Pink color we associate with Valentine’s Day. In truth, you can use nearly any color of stone in relation to love. Some may help you overcome old wounds making you more open to receive love, some help with forgiveness, some express unconditional love, some solidify fidelity, and others aid in attracting love.
The rainbow of Love Stones include Red Coral, Rose Quartz, Rhodonite, Rhodocrosite, Orange/ Brown Amber, Green Adventurine and Malachite, Blue Sodalite, Lapis, and Sapphire, Yellow Citrine, Purple Amethyst and Flourite, Milky Moonstone, even Black Obsidian has a place on this list.
So, how do you know what to choose for your special Valentine? Rose Quartz is the go to for the Love Stone crowd. Its main purpose is to present unconditional love. Great for a parent to present to a child, but equally appropriate for you to use in a gift for someone you are in a committed relationship with. The pale pink color of the stone is less intimidating to new loves than a bright or dark red may be. Added with other stones, Rose Quartz will amplify the vibration, making both stones more potent.
- Red Coral is used specifically to bolster romantic love. Not recommended for those you wish to keep in the Friend Zone.
- Rhodonite is for all of you wishing to heal a broken heart or begin the process of forgiveness. If you are in a troubled relationship, this is a great stone to carry or give your partner. It will give you a sense of calm, and help you have a moment of clarity in troubled times so you can make a clear choice.
- Rhodochrosite is a self love stone and it will help you face things you may not have been ready to face in the past.
- Amber is used for marital and romantic love. Because it reduces stress it tends to help with resolution of disagreements and opens you up to understanding both sides of any situation.
- Adventurine is great for mature love. It is not a stone for the start of a relationship but is wonderful for someone you have been committed to over a long time. It helps clear the heart chakra and protects the heart from unintended hurt.
- Malachite is useful for clearing away hurtful memories, allowing space for new love to come along. It improves your intuition to build confidence in new situations.
- Sodalite is a variegated blue stone very useful for improved communication. It brings clarity not only between people, but within yourself. It is a stone of truth and promotes honesty. Love blossoms most strongly in an environment of honest commitment. This stone is excellent for developing a strong bond founded in true connection.
- Lapis is another truth stone. It aids in your understanding of your true nature and personal path and so will allow you to be yourself in any relationship. When concern exists regarding the choices you are making, Lapis can bring clarity. If your partner is shy, or you are, Lapis is your stone to overcome that obstacle. Fidelity is enhanced by Lapis.
- Blue Sapphire is used for new relationships. It is a common engagement ring stone because of this. This stone is also very helpful for long distance relationships. It encourages commitment and fidelity. If you can find matching stones, each partner should have an item made.
- Citrine is great to bring joy and confidence into someone’s life. Where there is love, there should be joy. Citrine will also enhance self esteem.
- Our old friend Amethyst is included here. Remember this is a stone that enhances any other stone added to it and also brings a sense of calm. Including Amethyst is always a good plan.
- Flourite is for artistic expression as well as imagination. It will bring creativity to your relationship. If you feel your love life has gotten a bit stale, try setting some fluorite around then watch how things change.
- Moonstone gathers the Lunar energy. It is a stone of sexual energy as well as passion. Combine with Flourite and you have a powerful combination for improving your sex life. Moonstone brings passion for your partner and a zest for life.
- Obsidian is included here because it aids in the removal of old tears. Black Obsidian is also known as Apache Tears. If there is a past hurt in your relationship you are seeking to heal, add Black Obsidian to your piece. Green or Rainbow Obsidian helps sever old love connections. Sometimes, it is about moving on and this is when you need Green or Rainbow Obsidian.
There are many other stones that promote love, Opal and Pearls are good general stones. Topaz is good for spiritual love as well as attracting true love. Red Ruby is good for passionate, romantic love. Whatever stone you choose to present your love on Valentine’s Day, remember there are many forms love can take, each as necessary for a full life as the other. Love yourself and love each other. That is what Valentine’s Day reminds me to do.
Come on in, we can help you create an amazing piece for someone you love!
**Please remember, we cannot guarantee any results with the use of stones listed in this blog. It is for entertainment purposes and should not be taken as professional advice of any kind.**